Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Apple Picking

While Nana and Papa Jim were in town for Rae's birthday, we took them to pick apples. They had never been and neither had Rae. I knew she was excited, but to what extent I did not know.  There were not as many varieties available since it was toward the end of the season, but we did find some. I was not able to get out and pick due to my boot and not being able to put weight on my foot yet. So, I watch from the vehicle and took pictures. After all was said and done, they picked 38 lbs of apples (not including the ones eaten there). Rae absolutely loved it. This will probably be a yearly event for us.

After we were at this orchard we went to a larger one to get apple cider and a few other items. If you are in the Licking County area, go to Lynd's fruit farm and get the apple cider slushies - YUMMY!!


the girls and their apples

the girls with Nana and Papa Jim

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

  1. Looks life a fun time had by all! Great pictures and memories!! Can't believe it has been ten months already. Time flies.

    ReplyDelete