Thursday, March 7, 2013

May His Praise be Always on Our Lips

I wrote several weeks ago on this blog about our church doing a 21 day fast. The fast could be anything from TV to food. We were to pray and ask God what He was calling us to fast from. Sometimes it is hard to see what may be a strong-hold in our lives, or often we just don't want to admit it or give it up. So, one thing hubby and I did was we chose something for each other to fast from.  I chose something for hubby, and he asked me not to listen to a radio show that I enjoyed listening to in the mornings.  Was the show bad, no. It was a distraction.

I am not a person who always enjoys total silence.  I cannot sleep in quiet.  I can do quiet occasionally, but I needed to find something to listen to as we go about our mornings.  I do have a couple of apps on my phone that I can use to listen to Christian radio.  The ones I use are IHeartRadio and TuneIn. One those you can listen to KLove which is the best Christian radio station - nothing but positive messages, limited commercial, and not too many repeated songs (like our local radio station). You can also listen to them online.  Another place I found great worship music is Praise.com.  This is the perfect place to listen for just praise music -  no dj's, little to no commercials.

I know there are probably others out there.  I do know about Pandora, but it is getting limiting on how much you can use it before you have to pay.  If you do have DishTv of DirectTV they have Christian stations you can listen to.  I do not use those during the school day, but they are great when cleaning the house.

What are you listening to?


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Please remember to click on the banner above and vote for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment