Wednesday, March 6, 2013

New Recipes

As a mom, we get stuck in a rut of cooking the same foods even though our family likes them. I get tired of cooking them. I do have some standard go to recipes, but I like to change things up every once in a while. My family does get concern when I spring something new on them. Thanks to Pinterest, I have been able to find some good and often more healthy dishes to cook.

Last night was one of them. One kids was a little worried about it, but she decided last night she liked it. One could not get enough. The dish I found was Salsa Chicken. It was recommended by my trainer and my mom said it was an old Weight Watchers recipe. I liked it because you throw everything in a crockpot and 6 hrs later you have dinner. One thing I did do was to buy a good quality salsa since it was the main flavoring ingredient. It also happens to be one of my favorite salsas - Frontera Jalapeno Cilantro. After it was done, I pulled the chicken and put it back in the crockpot to mix back with the all the juices and salsa.  To make it easier for the family I took the tortillas and put the chicken in them with a little cheese and toasted all of them in the oven.  They were a hit! My brain was thinking of different things I could do with it and maybe other seasonings I could use.  I have used a similar version, but with BBQ sauce.  The family liked it as well.

My crockpot is getting a workout this week.  Last night before going to bed, I put oatmeal and apples in the crockpot for breakfast.  I knew since it might be a morning for all of us to be home, and it would be perfect.  Most of us liked it. I just liked having breakfast as a family, during the week.

Up for tonight a family favorite out of the crockpot - pulled pork.




Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment