Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Closer

In a Christian's life our goal is always to draw closer to God and to seek Him is all things. That has been my focus for the last few weeks and the current focus in our church body. Noel is calling our church to revival, because we as a church and community are so in need of it. God had already been working in my life before this in the area of my eating and weight.  I have been reading the book and devotional called Made to Crave and it just clicked with me.  I was overweight physically and underweight spiritually, and that hit me like a ton of bricks. I had let me self get out of control with my eating, because it was my comfort. While I am a long way from where I should be or want to be, I am headed in the right direction.  I am making wiser food decisions and exercising more.  I seek God for His help and strength, because I know I cannot do this alone.

For 21 Days our church has been called to fast to help bring revival in the lives of our people.  A fast can be something different things like food, certain activities, or social media.  It can be something that is a stronghold in your life that is separating you from God. That one just hit me. There are things in my life that taken my focus from God and my family.  While I may not ever share what all that I am fasting from, but the big one was social media.  I had let it take over my life with the constant checking.  Why do I need to be seeing what others are doing, and not seeing what my family is doing or doing what God wants me to do.  With my blog I usually post to the link to Facebook and twitter, but today I will not.  Not as many will read this I know, but that is fine.  It is what is on my heart today.  I am excited about the journey God has me on and where it will take our family. Is there a stronghold in your life that is separating you from God? Would you be willing to give it up for 21 days?

 2 Corinthians 12:9-11, “But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my
power is made perfect in weakness… For when I am weak, then I am strong.”


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment